- Ch. 1: Business
- Ch. 2: Fundamental Theorem
- Ch. 3: Sales
- Ch. 4: Relationship Building
- Ch. 5: Branding
- Ch. 6: Archetypes
- Ch. 7: Consumers
- Ch 8: Our Products
- Ch. 9: Proposals & Figures
- Ch. 10: Papers & Conferences
- Ch. 11: Giving Talks
- Ch. 12: Internet
- Ch. 13: The Public & the Govt.
- Ch. 14: Science Itself
- Ch. 15: Starting a Movement
- Further Reading
- More Useful Links
Baja Links for Chapter 15. Starting a Movement
Wikipedia article on the Product Life Cycle, also called the Product Development Cycle.
Watch a movement form from start to finish, in this short video narrated by Derek Sivers. This presentation scored a standing ovation at the TED conference where Sivers introduced it.
I had a brief correspondence with George W. Bush’s science advisor on the subject of marketing and leadership shortly before he passed away on July 29, 2011.
Where Jobs lets fly his classic soundbite about remembering that you are going to die.
- series of professional development workshops, and a book published by Island Press, meant to help scientists, engineers, and doctors build the careers they want and shape the public debate. Because sometimes, unlocking the mysteries of the universe just isn't enough.
PostsBlogging Branding and Archetypes Citizen Science Getting a Job Hollywood Leadership Marketing To Our Colleagues Mobile Barcodes Open Science Policy and Policymakers Salesmanship Science Education Social Networking Speaking and Presentation Skills The Press The Public Uncategorized Videos Writing a Book